Saturday, June 30, 2012

Style Blogs


drawing by Brittany Fuson
One thing I've discovered that both helps & hinders the shopping is reading/following other style/fashion blogs.


I've found that reading what others are wearing and loving, and often pinning their styles on Pinterest, helps me keep "a record" of what I love about others' styles, as well as adding to that "virtual closet" of mine.....but it has also helped with finding those pieces that I love, and can't stop thinking about 3 days later, and then find myself adding to my "real" closet!!


What I love about many Style Bloggers is that they will tell you what EXACTLY they are wearing, most often with a link to where you can get it!  LOVE that!!!  I always hate seeing a pin or a blog post with a fabulous piece, but no clue as to what it is or where it's from--so frustrating!!


I've always somewhat wanted to create more of my own "style blog," but I never seem to have the time, or the right place/space to take those photos of my "outfit of the day." I know my husband would take some fabulous photos, as I've noticed that many bloggers' photographers are their significant others, but again, WHEN is there time?!  If I didn't have a full time job, and many other daily tasks to do, perhaps it could happen...


But for now, I'll continue to enjoy reading and perusing those style blogs of others, always inspired and excited to see what new pieces they are wearing and styling!


Here is a list of my Current Favs: (the "favorites" list on my browser is SO much longer, so this is just a brief list of those that I try to read most often!)


Atlantic-Pacific
Sincerely, Jules
This Time Tomorrow
CouldIHaveThat
Cheetah is the New Black
J's Everyday Fashion




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover