Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween

Halloween is probably my favorite "holiday" of the year.....


I LOVE the crisp fall evenings, the colorful leaves, a fire in the fireplace, carving pumpkins, and of course-dressing up!!!

Now that I am "too old" to trick-or-treat, I have yet to be invited to a Halloween party, but as a teacher I can dress up for the day (school appropriately of course)! I also love just staying home to answer the door & see all the costumes the kids from the neighborhood are wearing.
Pinterest has made the idea of dressing up even easier, as it's so simple to find costume ideas-whether it's just for yourself, for you + one, or a group costume idea!

Here are just a few of my favorites I've seen or heard about this year:
(all of the following photos/pictures were taken from Pinterest)

Any of the Harry Potter characters is always fun....this could be a single costume, a couples' costume, or a group costume!!


I've recently seen friends dress up as Paul Bunyon & Babe the blue ox! ...maybe just a common costume for those of us in the Midwest/state of MN??!!


Here's another fun costume for couples: Marilyn Monroe & Joe DiMaggio!



I'll always be a fan of the "zoot suit + flapper" costume idea as well...who doesn't love dressing from the '20s??!!



There are SO many adorable costumes for kids....especially now with etsy as a great site to find handmade costumes and/or props or even just another place to peruse for ideas!

Love this one (mouse trap):



Fabulous scarecrow:




...and of course, a "mini-Audrey":



Check out this LINK with 10 "last minute" costumes....some fun ideas!


Check out my costumes Pinterest page for more fabulous costume ideas HERE!


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover